Black Belt South

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Mon Aug 14 21:17:16 MDT 1995

I just wanted to say I liked Rakesh's thoughtful comments on the Black
Belt South thesis, hidden in a thread title on Aug 10th about Identity
politics up your arse.

I particularly liked the way Rakesh saw some positive arguments in
Hayward, even if he concluded that Hayward was in the final analysis
wrong.

This may be an important approach in uniting with the positive
things that draw people to the Nation of Islam, including their
position on land, while undermining the negative things.

Chris B, London.