Lenin's "Imperialism..."

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Mon Aug 14 21:39:08 MDT 1995

To Chris Bailey

Hi Chris,

It's nice to see your contribution, even if I can no longer
sign myself Chris B, if you are going to be around.

You can of course buy *me* a drink. And since you are responsible for
introducing me to this list, (though not for everything I have
written subsequently), I would be glad to buy you one.

On the substance of your post, I agreed with your concrete examples
and your observations about Marx's assumptions on free trade,
but I felt you expressed your point of difference with Will just
as an assertion. I am perfectly prepared to disagree with Lenin, but
generally, like Will, I think his Highest Stage of Capitalism, was
illuminating for the time it was written.

Can you justify your striking criticisms?

Regards,

Chris, London

(Chris Burford)