species-being?

Lisa Rogers EQDOMAIN.EQWQ.LROGERS at EMAIL.STATE.UT.US
Thu Aug 17 11:38:30 MDT 1995

What is species-being, generally?  What is the hu'man' species-being
in particular?  I've seen reference to this phrase that Marx used,
but I'm not clear on what he meant by it, and I don't suppose all
marxish ones will agree with each other on it, either.

If you don't mind too much the fact that I haven't yet read all the
literature that is surely available, and I am not claiming a position
on this question, I invite some folks to offer their views, (Kevin
Geiger seems a logical one, since you just used the phrase.)

Curiously,
Lisa

>>> kevin john geiger <geigerk at ucsu.colorado.edu>  8/17/95 >>>
...the urban setting will be the power behind  any movement away from
capitalism.  The prison that it is will feed a  fire that will move
us to the other side...justice, trees, nature, aesthetic  values,
lack of repressive, the species being of man.

Kevin