Yugo: Tools of imperialism?

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sat Aug 19 08:22:17 MDT 1995

On Sat, 19 Aug 1995 TIM WOLFORTH wrote:

> The REALITY is that we do not choose the circumstances within which we must
> act.  These circumstances give us only limited real options.  From 1991 on
> there have been ONLY two options in the former Yugo: (1) UN intervention; (2)
> ethnic war. So now we are in phase 2.  I hope those of you who opposed UN
> Intervention enjoy the show!

Louis Proyect:
Tim, we need more experts on Yugoslavia on the list and all of us are
hanging on your every word. But there's something perhaps you can explain
to a muddler like myself. My understanding is that there is no unanimity
between imperialist (will you permit me to use that word?) nations about
what should be done. Different powers have different interests. Germany
sees Croatia as a client-state, while other imperialist powers seem to
tilt toward Serbia. Is the "paralysis" of the West a function of moral
indifference, or perhaps a stalemate over rival imperialist strategies. I
await clarification with bated breath.