Mexico on the Top Ten corruptest, Aug 16

jwalker jwalker at email.unc.edu
Sat Aug 19 12:21:52 MDT 1995

Interesting report, but what would have made it much more interesting
would've been some account of what is counted as corruption in the
surveys and studies that went into the report.

I understand that in many countries practices aren't considered corrupt
(in the sense that implies bad, undesirable, to be eliminated) which are
so considered here. And I'd want to count as corruption many of the
money-soaked, corporate-driven mechanisms by which politics gets done in the
US, which came out pretty well in the report.

John D. Walker
jwalker at email.unc.edu