Students face charges

Adam Bandt bandt at cleo.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Aug 21 06:33:46 MDT 1995

The La Trobe University student newspaper, Rabelais, recently published a
'guide to shoplifting' article which included 'how-to' tips and a
discussion of the politics of stealing. It is now likely that the editors
will be facing criminal charges on the ground that they promoted illegal
activity. These charges carry possible jail sentences of two years.
Presumably student papers which run supportive articles on 'illegal'
homosexual acts, drug use or other activities are also liable to the same
punishment.

Please send messages of support (mail to me and I'll forward).

More news as it arises.

Adam Bandt