Aw...gee...Louis

Jeffrey Booth booth2 at husc.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 24 08:54:45 MDT 1995

Scott,
	You'll get your examples of CP strike breaking as soon as I have
time to collect them and give you citations as well.  I love the "...
could have happened..." bit.  I guess my father just up and quit a union
factory job, that most of his relatives also worked, in order to become a
low-paid, non-union truck driver and work two other jobs on the side.  Yup,
that stuff I told you about COULD have happened... .The CPer's I've known
don't listen to workers.  You fit the mold.
	The post-war strike wave was primarily because of pissed-of vets.
who came back to an unstable job situation, a housing shortage, fat war
profiteers, an unwillingness to jump right back into the daily grind after
risking your life in war, etc... .  And the strike wave happened DESPITE
the CP collaboration with the bosses.
	Read my last post instead of distorting it according to CP S.O.P. .
The CP, due to its popular front, class collaborationist policies and
support for Stalinism, left itself open to Mcarthyite attacks and severly
undercut potential support among ordinary workers.  I never claimed it
initiated Mcarthyism or that its Stalinist policies were a justification
for Mcarthyism.  Next you'll be calling me a "social fascist" or maybe
ultra left, depending on what Gus Hall said today.
	How the CP fucked-up big-time once the Mcarthyite attacks started
is another discussion...

				-- Jeff Booth