Homophobia in "Marxism Digest"

g.maclennan at qut.edu.au g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Fri Aug 25 11:06:18 MDT 1995

Just a quick admission here that I was ashamed not to have fired off a
response when I first read Ralph Dumain's didgeroo bit.
Congrats to Piranha (?).

Marxists haven't all been homophobic though Engels with his
reference to the "Greek disease" certainly was.  Bernstein was an
early supporter of the German Gay rights movement.

The homophobia here lies in  trying to think up the worst thing there is
to insult someone and would you believe it for a a straight male that turns
out to be anal penetration.

It's all very much like the Hitchcock movies when he wants to signal that
somone is a real rotter like in Strangers on a Train and he makes him a
"pansy" and a "mummy's boy".

Gary