Louis P. and the Professors (fwd)

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Aug 25 07:51:33 MDT 1995

On Fri, 25 Aug 1995 glevy at acnet.pratt.edu wrote:

> Since Louis sent basically the same message to PEN-L, I am forwarding my
> response to this list.
>
> BTW, I am still receiving Louis's posts. I thought I was to be taken off
> of his mailing list.  Why do Marxists often react to criticism with the
> threat of purges? -- Jerry

Louis:

Must I always play Groucho Marx to Jerry Levy's Margaret Dumont, or Bugs
Bunny to his Elmer Fudd? Jerry, take Jeff Booth's advice and swallow 2
humor pills before reading my stuff.

Isn't Levy a Jewish name? I thought all Jews had a good sense of humor.
Are you sure you don't have some Cossack blood swimming around in there?
Relax, man, you must learn not to take me seriously. I'm the Lenny Bruce
of this list and if you don't "get" me, tune to another station.