Chaos and Complexity

Lisa Landers llanders at paradise.mercy.edu
Sun Aug 27 15:44:03 MDT 1995

On Aug 27, 10:43am, daviesj at wabash.edu wrote:
> Subject: Re: Dialectics and complexity
> An innocent question:
>
> Who are the Santa Fe economists?  What is their institution?
>
> I was only aware of the Santa Fe Committee (is that the right surname?),
> that was instrumental in designing Reagan's and Bush's Latin America
> policies. Do the economists have any relation?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Davies

>-- End of excerpt from daviesj at wabash.edu

I believe the people of whom you speak are members of the Santa Fe Institute in
New Mexico.  This is a rather new institution (1984) founded to study
non-linear phenomenon in a interdisciplinary manner, although there are very
few permanent members and many temporary post-doc's.  Edward Knapp is the
president of the institution.  For more info, they have a WWW page at
http://www.santafe.edu  and a lot of info on chaos and complexity in general is
compiled at http://euphoria.mercy.edu/chaos.html
--Lisa

--
 "Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people...
	it is true that most stupid people are conservative"