On "Zimmerwald, WWII and the UN"

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Mon Aug 28 06:27:58 MDT 1995

On Mon, 28 Aug 1995 DgPiranha at aol.com wrote:

> To Louis Proyect (Uncle Lou):
>

> It seems to me you can't figure out which ideology you subscribe to, so
> you trash everyone who has some firm ideological grounding, whether
> correct or not (mostly not).  While I can appreciate good sarcasm, this
> is, from what I can see, just cheap attacks in order to dissociate yourself
> from actually taking a side in the debate.

Louis:
Doug, I am really inspired by the very high level of thought that went
into your challenge to me. I welcome you as a combatant in the weeks to
come. But to reiterate: this is not about program, not about "Maoism" vs
"Trotskyism" vs "Stalinism". It is about methodology. One thing that the
Trotskyists, the Moscow-oriented CP's and the Peking-oriented CP's share
in common is a model inherited from the mid-1920's comintern. Trotsky
fought with Stalin over who was best carrying on the traditions of the
comintern. It is my intention to explain how this "model" has hampered
us, not help us.