Black feminism

glevy at acnet.pratt.edu glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
Tue Aug 29 00:23:53 MDT 1995

 Donna Murch wrote:

> >The "body" - not as ludic site
> >of playfulness (as in much pomo) - is a central component of Marx's critique
> >of political economy and is encapsulated in his assertion that capital comes
> >dripping from head to toe from every bodily pore with blood and dirt.
>
> valerie, can you, or anyone else, please tell me the exact site where i can
> find this passage?

>From Ch. 31 of _Capital_ (last sentence in the chapter): "If money,
according to Augier, 'comes into the world with a congenital blood-stain
on one cheek,' capital comes dripping from head to foot, from every pore,
with blood and dirt." (Kerr edition, p. 834).

The above passage was in the context of explaining historically the
"genesis of the industrial capitalist" and how that relates to the
"original accumulation of capital." What this quote has to do with this
thread, I'm not sure.

Jerry