Black feminism

Valerie Scatamburlo valeries at YorkU.CA
Tue Aug 29 00:43:17 MDT 1995

On Aug 28,  4:55pm, Kenneth Mostern wrote:
> Subject: Re: Black feminism
> Thank you to Ralph and Valerie for your responses.

I think thanks are in order to you for bringing up the significance of Black
feminist thought on this list.  I too have been profoundly influenced by the
works of Black femisnit writers.   I also found it interesting that in your
original post you mentioned that bell hooks latest books suck.  Now I'm not
quite sure what you were referring to because as I understand it, hook's
latest book is on Art, but I am familiar with her previous two contribtutions
- "Teaching To Transgress" and "Outlaw Culture" and was wondering if it was
these books which you were referring to?  If so, I agree with your assessment
- seems ad though hooks is becoming a bit too liberal in those treatises.
Nonetheless, I would be real interested in hearing your assessement of those
texts.