More on Cottrill and Cockshott

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Tue Aug 29 22:51:58 MDT 1995

Louis:

Now I get it. No wonder Cockshott has been so reticent. He is an old
Maoist wanker who, like Allin, lives in the past. These guys are nothing
but a couple of tenured professors who are reliving their radical youth
on the internet. No wonder Cockshott didn't have a clue about what the
Shining Path stood for. He lives in the same claustrophobic world of
academic conferences, obscure journals and faculty lounge chit-chat that
Allin does. Except Allin is more honest about what he is: a
character out of "The Return of the Secaucus 7" or "Big Chill".

You know, I had gotten a lot of steam out after responding to Matt D.'s
plea for amity. But I've developed a whole new head of steam. The next
time I hear Cockshott talking about he and his mates kicked the fascists
out of Scotland, I will have take this kind of Walter Mitty stuff with a
grain of salt.

By the way, Professors, I still love your book and plan to give it a
great review in a left publication with the widest circulation I can find.