Marxism and the Militias

Bryan A. Alexander bnalexan at umich.edu
Wed Aug 30 18:28:29 MDT 1995

Two major issues, here:
	1) the old question of secession.  The current US state clearly
fears secession - witness Waco, MOVE, etc.  I've long been an advocate of
strategic splintering for cultural-economic development and more complex
attacks on state capital.  Can the militias fit into this scheme?
	2) crucial difference between Gingrich and the militia folks,
which I've brought up before: the former (and the GOP ) (and of course
the Dems) support US imperial adventurism, the latter don't (so far).

Bryan Alexander
Department of English
University of Michigan