Marxism and the Militias and the Cold War

kevin john geiger geigerk at ucsu.colorado.edu
Thu Aug 31 00:07:05 MDT 1995

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995 g.maclennan at qut.edu.au wrote:
> Here in Brisbane (Jeezuss) we are beginning to make some gains in the
> area of foreign policy and the protection of the rights of the East
> Timorese because the Indoesian military-filth are no longer necessary as a
> bulwark against communism.  The dialectic lives! --- >
>
> regards
>
> Gary

I am not sure about the recent developments you are referring to .  For far
too many East Timorese, and comrades in solidarity around the globe, any
of the gains you mention are "too little, too late."  Australia did much to
prevent any effective dialogue on the invasion in 75.  Gains to
Australian capital in their little agreement with the Indonesians were
sickening.  So much so that, IMHO, the debt can not be made up
through foreign diplomacy.

But, by all means, throw another shrimp on the barbie!

Kevin