Ken Tarbuck on Ernest Mandel

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Aug 31 07:52:11 MDT 1995

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995, Chris Bailey wrote:

> Despite all the changes that had occurred within the capitalist mode
> of production since 1916, despite its longevity, despite its ability
> to expand the forces of production Mandel never moved beyond Lenin's
> theory of capitalist decay and dissolution. This became more and more

Louis:
A nice tribute to the 2 recently deceased Marxists. But now I see where
Chris Bailey got his insights about the "disaster" that Lenin's
"Imperialism" has been. Once again: "Imperialism" provided the
theoretical framework for the Zimmerwald movement and nothing else. To
characterize this call to action an economics treatise is just wrong.