marxism on baseball?

Rob Frantz rfrantz at u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 31 14:11:44 MDT 1995

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995, Louis N Proyect wrote:

> Maybe you
> should find a list for disillusioned, burnt-out, ex-Trotskyite middle-class
> professionals. I'm sure you'd find a real sense of community there.
>
> Louis

Disillusioned, burnt-out, ex-Trotskyite middle-class professional. This
is a very good description of a computer programmer at Columbia
University, who left the Trotskyite SWP (US) in 1978, because, as he
admitted, he couldn't adjust to its "turn to the working class."
This also describes someone I know in cyberspace, who like many
contemporary Christian scholars who search for the real Jesus, makes periodic
pilgrimages to the library stacks in search of the real Lenin.
As for Rob Frantz, he'd gladly be middle-class, but unfortunately for him,
supports a wife and two children on a very working class salary of
$33,500/year, for which, at SEIU union meetings he militantly agitates
to raise and raise substantially.

Rob "Do Ya, Do Ya Wanna Dance" Frantz
Seattle, WA