Rob, Scott, Louis

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Thu Aug 31 18:20:10 MDT 1995

Can you stop all this?  Now I'm a mere subscriber to the list, I find the
personal (all too personal) abuse even more annoying.

There are some real points somewhere about the US history of left
groups.  Louis is also making the big theoretical points from time to
time in his longer posts.  But there's also too much playground scrapping
and stupid antagonism.

I don't see the point.  Listmembers don't have to be friends, either
cyberfriends or pals in real life.  No one's ever been forced to hold
hands and sing kumbaya.  So why make such a big deal of the fact that you
don't want to do this?  No one else cares

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray
Literature Program
Duke University