Rob, Scott, Louis

Valerie Scatamburlo valeries at YorkU.CA
Thu Aug 31 21:02:29 MDT 1995

On Aug 31,  8:20pm, Jon Beasley-Murray wrote:
> Subject: Rob, Scott, Louis

> I don't see the point.  Listmembers don't have to be friends, either
> cyberfriends or pals in real life.  No one's ever been forced to hold
> hands and sing kumbaya.

>For this I must thank you - the imagery you invoke here has had me in
hysterics for the last hour - kumbaya - indeed!! 8-)  But on a more serious
note, I see that you have been posting about Hardt's lastest stuff -
Laboraatory of Italy - something to that effect.  I haven't seen this,  but I
was wondering what your take is on the book Hardt wrote with Antonio Negri -
"Labor of Dionysus: A Critique of the State Form" - I bought the book last
October and have only managed to skim it - it's on the list of things to read
when I have the time - which will hopefully be soon.  So while I can't
comment extensively on it, I was wondering if you had read it and what your
impressions were.