Looking for reference

Tom Anderson 70732.3020 at compuserve.com
Thu Feb 2 08:11:27 MST 1995

Hello,

I'm new to the list.  I have a bibliographic question.  An old friend
called me last night with a question.  It seems that twenty five years
ago, I quoted something like this passage to her:  "Some Marxists seem
to think of Marx as a lemon.  All you have to do is squeeze, and all
of the social categories come dripping out, labor, capital, etc."

Does this ring any bells?  We were reading all over the map at the
time.  I can't remember the quote, and can't even put it in a ball
park from Althusser to CLR James.  If it sounds familiar to anyone,
please email me!

Thanks,

Tom Anderson