Neo-Populism?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Feb 11 13:19:39 MST 1995

At 3:44 PM 2/10/95, Jon Beasley-Murray wrote:

>This may all be hopelessly wrong, of course--but it is an attempt to deal
>with Doug's original question.

If I remember my original question correctly, and now that I'm 42 I never
trust my memory aymore, it was more about the differences between American
(US) crypto-fascism, which unlike the European variety, is very hostile to
the state and other organized forms. In America, it's much more fragmented
and individualistic and even pro-market, in contrast with Eurovarieties,
which emphasize The Group more, and are often quite hostile to the market.
The question is - what does this mean? How would an American
(crypto)-fascism evolve if its ideololgy is hostile to the state and
hierarchical organizations?

Doug

--

Doug Henwood