Dialectics

Scott Marshall Scott at rednet.org
Fri Feb 24 16:11:02 MST 1995

>A friend has asked me to recommend a source for a good introduction to
>dialectics.  I couldn't immediately come up with one single work.  Does
>any one have a suggestion?
>
>Tom Moylan

Maurice Cornforth's famous three volume set is excellent and very readable
if you can take the time. They are 1) Thoery of Knowledge, 2) Materialism
and the Dialectical Method and 3) Historical Materialism. You could of
course read just #2 - but the three really do go together well as a primer
in Marxist philosophy. (I got through them several years ago (with my high
school education) much easier than I get through some of the posts here.)

Scott
Scott Marshall                             *
3116 S. Halsted                              *
Chicago, Il. 60608                            **
(312) 842-5854                                 **
e-mail: Scott at rednet.org                   ****  **
Ask me about the Communist Party, USA      *****  **
"An ounce of action is worth                * **
a ton of theory."   -Freddy Engels          **
                                            **