MARXIST PHILOSOPHY BIBLIOGRAPHY 2

Ralph Dumain rdumain at igc.apc.org
Tue Feb 28 23:19:50 MST 1995

BIBLIOGRAPHY IN PROGRESS -- 2:  GENERAL WORKS ON MARXIST
PHILOSOPHY

compiled by Ralph Dumain

Note: I am not attempting anything like completeness here.  I
deliberately leave out most of the well-known textbooks and
histories of dialectical materialism from both communist and
anti-communist authors.  I have not read the books listed below
and I would appreciate evaluations from anyone who has.

Guest, David.  A TEXTBOOK OF DIALECTICAL MATERIALISM.  New York:
International Publishers, 1939.

Jackson, T.A.  DIALECTICS: THE LOGIC OF MARXISM AND ITS CRITICS --
AN ESSAY IN EXPLORATION.  New York: International Publishers,
1936.

Levy, H.  A PHILOSOPHY FOR A MODERN MAN.  London: Victor Golancz,
1938.  (Left Book Club)

	  Bertell Ollman recommends this book, but I have not read
	  it.

Politzer, Georges.  ELEMENTARY PRINCIPLES OF PHILOSOPHY.  New
York: International Publishers, 1976.

Thalheimer, August.  INTRODUCTION TO DIALECTICAL MATERIALISM: THE
MARXIST WORLD-VIEW.  New York: Covici, Friede, 1936.