Power and Method

Marshall Feldman MARSH at uriacc.uri.edu
Fri Jan 6 13:27:39 MST 1995

Hi,

I'm teaching a research methods course this spring, and one of the things
I do early on is to have the class understand the politics of methodology.
I would like to have a reading relating "scientific method" to the
development of 20th century capitalism (e.g. focusing on the rise of
big science, the relationship between positivism and the need to control
through indirect means, etc.).  Can someone suggest something suitable?

Thanks

Marsh Feldman
Community Planning                      Phone: 401/792-2248
204 Rodman Hall                           FAX: 401/792-4395
University of Rhode Island           Internet: marsh at uriacc.uri.edu
Kingston, RI 02881-0815

"Marginality confers legitimacy on one's contrariness."