Relativism

Richard Wolff rwolff at minerva.cis.yale.edu
Sat Jan 14 15:15:26 MST 1995

	Reply to Bockhoven:

		I think we will be better off in our debates if
	we recognize that terms like "foundationalism," "relativism,"
	and so on have been and continue to be understood very
	differently [the difference problem yet again] by different
	participants in the debate. So rather than simply using the
	terms - as if we all agree on what they mean, when I am clear
	that we do not - it would help if we briefly state what we
	mean (and, if time permits, how our definitions may differ
	from others being used in the discussion).

	R. Wolff