tips for teaching

XTROT666 at aol.com XTROT666 at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 16:42:51 MST 1995

   I remember a documentary that I saw at the University of Texas some years
back called THE WORLD OF THE MULTINATIONAL, or something to that effect. If
you can locate it, this might go far toward illustrating some of the basic
ideas in Capital.
   I cannot think of a good short story to use in a class on Marx.
Ironically, there are parts of Dickens that would better serve to illustrate
Marxian ideas than the works of the most leftwing writers, dead or alive,
including the many radical writers of the 1920's and '30's.  Ironic--since
Dickens didn't seem too sympathetic to the poorest of poor or the
proletariat. The works of reformists often serve a better purpose than that
of revolutionaries. Good luck!