question from a novice

Justin Schwartz jschwart at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Tue Jan 24 05:37:57 MST 1995

In my view the best and clearest short introduction to Marx and Engels'
thought in Richard Schmitt's _Introduction to Marx and Engels_ (Westview,
1988). It's less than two hundred pages and a masterpiece of light-handed,
non-sectarian, lucid exposition. It has guides to further reading.

--Justin Schwartz