question from a novice

SCIABRRC at acfcluster.nyu.edu SCIABRRC at acfcluster.nyu.edu
Thu Jan 26 13:19:29 MST 1995

	With regard to beginning discussions of Marx... Marx would say that it
is important to know the interests of the audience before detailing an approach
to the study of any subject.  What interests do you have?  Economics?
Philosophy?  Politics?  There are fairly technical works in Marx, and fairly
rhetorical ones too.  And while it is good to START with Marx, WHERE you start
can make all the difference in how your interpretation of his project takes
hold.

	Overall, I think there are a few good introductory collections on
Marxist philosophy, and also, from the young, "more humanistic" Marx.... I'd be
happy to make a few suggestions... but it would be nice to learn more about
your interests too.

				- Chris
Dr. Chris M. Sciabarra
Visiting Scholar, N.Y.U. Department of Politics
INTERNET:  sciabrrc at acfcluster.nyu.edu
  BITNET:  sciabrrc at nyuacf