Why not more women?/Heidbra

glevy at acnet.pratt.edu glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
Tue Jul 4 04:29:36 MDT 1995

Elaine asked:

> 	I have often wondered: why is there no female/woman theorist of
> the stature as, say Fredric Jameson?

Jerry:

Rosa Luxemburg was certainly a woman of stature who could hold her own in
any theoretical discussion.  Natalie Moskowszka (who I _presume_ was
female) made some very important contributions to crisis theory.  Who
would dare not to call Joan Robinson a theorist of stature?  I believe
there are many other Marxist theoreticians of stature who were women as
well.

The current generation of Marxists -- thankfully -- has quite a few
theorists of stature.  Let's hope the trend continues.

Jerry