Why not more women?

Justin Schwartz jschwart at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Tue Jul 4 08:32:18 MDT 1995

Heidbra,

I intended only to describe the facts of the case and not to praise (or to
condemn) Janis' behavior. Actually I'd rather that she did partipate more
in discussion, since she has a very sharp mind. I agree with you taht
there's a problem about women getting stuck with all the scutwork while
the boys talk grand theory and stand in front of the microphone--do you
know Marge Piercy's wonderful essay from the early days of women's
liberation entitled "The Grand Coolie Damn"? (In Robin Morgan's Sisterhood
is Powerful.) Although I will say that in the local Solidarity group I
tend to do most of the oeganizational scutwork myself. (Sigh.)

--Justin Schwartz>