self-scrutiny

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jul 4 11:49:22 MDT 1995

Criticism is important, ruthless criticism even more important, and
self-criticism of all kinds is essential. But puh-leeze, I think we've had
all too much of Marxians, post-Marxians, crytpo-Marxians, semi-Marxians,
and the rest of the gang "interrogating" Marx's heritage for keys to
Stalinism. You could do the same with the Bible, the Wealth of Nations, and
The Ring Cycle. Could we please spend a little more time analyzing
contemporary capitalism and a lot less thrashing ourselves? It's really
become quite a neurosis.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood