definition of marxism

CRGray at aol.com CRGray at aol.com
Fri Jul 7 06:02:45 MDT 1995

I am new to this topic and this list.  I realize that this is a naive
question, but would someone on the list please tell me what being a marxist
in relation to, say, American literature means?  What, for example, would a
Marxist reading of _Huckleberry Finn_ be?  How does one read a literary text
to get a Marxist reading?  What does one look for? Please do not direct me
theorists at this point; I would simply like an answer to these sorts of
questions before I reading anything.  Fumbling, yet sincere questions.
 Please do not direct me to books on thearoy or theorists at this point; I
would simply like an answer to these sorts of questions before I read
anything.

 crgray.