The Geography of Class Struggle

Santiago Colas scolas at umich.edu
Fri Jul 7 13:11:58 MDT 1995

I've been out of the loop for sometime.  Bryan's message however reminded
me of Eric Wolf's excellent _Peasant Wars of the Twentieth Century_ which
if nothing else suggests the absolutely central historical role played by
rural areas (or rather by certain among their inhabitants) in 20th c.
revolutionary movements (for those who don't know the book:  it covers
mexico, russia, china, algeria, cuba, and vietnam).  ciao, sc

Santiago Colas					e-mail:	scolas at umich.edu
Asst. Professor					phone:	(313) 763-4352
Latin American and Comparative Literature	fax:	(313) 764-8163
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1275
USA