The Geography of Class Struggle

glevy at acnet.pratt.edu glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
Mon Jul 10 09:10:57 MDT 1995

Scott addressed the following to Howie:

"would you sat that the whole of the software industry makes more money
than the whole of the steel industry?  I don't believe the facts would
bear you out."

Jerry:

>From the context of the above discussion, it is clear that Scott is
referring to the US steel industry and the US software industry (BTW, the
terms "US" can be very misleading in the presence of transnational
corporations).  Does anybody have statistics on the above?  I strongly
suspect that Scott is wrong on this factual point.