Corrupted by Hayek?

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 14 06:49:47 MDT 1995

On Fri, 14 Jul 1995, Chris Burford wrote:

> But if you have "sort of made up my mind about ... Hayekian philosophy"
>
> I would be more than sort of interested to know how. <straight>.

Louis Proyect:
I was a member of the Young Americans for Freedom in the late 1950's and
subscribed to National Review, the conservative magazine founded by
William F. Buckley who also founded the YAF. Many of the magazine's
writers were fervent supporters of Von Hayek and proselytized on his
behalf in every issue. I didn't become a Marxist until much much later,
but early on I had the perception that the "Austrians" were simply
providing an ideological fig-leaf to all the rich bastards who were
ruining the world.