Poverty of Metaphysics

Scott Marshall Scott at rednet.org
Sun Jul 16 12:14:30 MDT 1995

Roderick is absolutly right. My intention was merely to point out that there
might be some basic data that contradicts the notion that the basic
manufactoring industries are a thing of the past. Since these were the
particular examples being used I looked up the figures. At the very least
they should give pause to those who think this is a settled question
unworthy of any further investigation. Regardless of the trends, they do
confirm that for example steelworkers are still veryy much a part of the
economy. BTW I think on a world or global scale the figures would be even
more revealing.