Cost benefit analysis in organically-linked societies

Lisa Rogers EQDOMAIN.EQWQ.LROGERS at EMAIL.STATE.UT.US
Mon Jul 17 21:57:37 MDT 1995

Oh, the horror.  Steve Keen, you and I have so entirely misunderstood
each other on this point I hardly know what to say.  But, at least I
provoked you to post.  [long sigh]  So, if I understand you here, you
are saying that foraging societies are more atomistic and less
organic than capitalist societies, right?  At least that's a bit of a
change from the usual "primitive communism" kind of talk.

It's also a contrast to my own view of foraging societies.

Lisa

>>> <P8475423 at vmsuser.acsu.unsw.edu.au>  7/14/95, 10:51pm >>>

The reason for this belief is that cost-benefit analysis, as
practised, is a fundamentally "atomic" procedure, whereas I believe
that a developed social/production system like capitalism is
fundamentally "organic". Now to explain those two terms:
[snip, snip]