apparent self-sacrifice -Reply

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Jul 18 08:13:29 MDT 1995

I'm coming late into what appears to be a rather convoluted
exchange, but I'd just like to express my approval for Lisa's
general Darwinian approach, and to second her judgment that
talking in terms of costs and benefits does not make one a
neoclassical.  Daniel Dennett has an intriguing new book out,
"Darwin's Dangerous Idea," which makes an excellent case for
the very wide applicability and power of the basic Darwinian
conception.  It is no accident, as they say, that Marx was
such an admirer.

Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics
Wake Forest University