Perfidious Albion -Reply

Lisa Rogers EQDOMAIN.EQWQ.LROGERS at EMAIL.STATE.UT.US
Wed Jul 19 10:59:46 MDT 1995

Sickening, on all sides.  There was some noise in Congress about
unilaterally lifting the arms embargo against Bosnia, "but if we did
that, the UN would pull out" somebody said on the news this morning
(Dole, I think).  By this time, I think maybe Bosnia would *like* the
UN to pull out, very much indeed.  All the UN has accomplished is
perhaps to slow down the slaughter, so that it is taking longer for
all Bosnia to be raped.

Sickening.

Lisa

>>> Chris Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org>  7/18/95, 07:54am >>>
This morning the Guardian in London has the following summary on the
front page:

"FRANCE THWARTED
France's attempt to  persuade the allies to take military action
against the
Bosnian Serbs was on the  verge of collapse last night.
The US hedged its  involvement with  conditions certain to wreck the
plan. Britain savoured success in its manoeuvring to block French
ambitions."