Zepa falls, Britain paralyses UN

TimW333521 at aol.com TimW333521 at aol.com
Fri Jul 21 07:00:51 MDT 1995

I have for several years now urged a more aggressive policy to resist the
Serbs.  I feel the major Western powers (imperialists) do not want to risk
any real form of action simply to defend a people from genocide.  They did
not fight Hitler because he killed Jews, but because he took over Europe.
 Since they don't want to act, they exaggerate what is needed militarily.
 The left, by and large, goes along with this approach, though with a cover
of denouncing "imperialism"  and demanding that these "imperialists" , who
have no intention of intervening, not intervene.  It is shameful and
hypocritical.

Is there something which could be done at reasonable cost?  Actually Chirac's
plan is quite doable (Perhaps for that reason it is being rejected by U.S and
England.  Perhaps it was even offered knowing it would be rejected.)  Is it
such a big deal to send 1,000 or those reinforcements to Gorazde on American
copters and support these troops with air power?  Would the Serbs tackle a
well armed but small force with air power to counter the Serb's tanks?  Don't
you believe it!  They only like to take on women and children!

The truth is that Clinton could rally support in this country for such a plan
IF he bothered to commit himself, fight for it in a TV speech, and campaign
for it.  He could force England  into line and call Chirac's bluff.

It is my growiing opinion that the brilliant strategic minds in the West have
concluded that the only solution to the war now is a Serb victory!  They have
conceded privately the fall of all the Eastern enclaves and probably Bihac as
well.  The Muslims will be given a reservation in the center of the country!

But does the left really care, I ask once again?  Has it bought into a
populist neo-isolationism?  We cannot criticize Clinton for lack of
leadership if we provide no answers ourselves!