surplus value in Marx

daviesj at WABASH.EDU daviesj at WABASH.EDU
Sat Jul 22 11:15:21 MDT 1995

On Sat, 22 Jul 1995, Margarita S Kranidis wrote:

> Here's a question, and I'd appreciate a response:
>
> Where does Marx elaborate on "surplus value?"
>
> Thanks.  mkranidi at runet.edu

Are you asking for an extensive bibliography, or for a good place to get
an introduction to the concept?  Marx's note on "Theories of Surplus
Value" were published in three (pretty dense) volumes, and were
presumably notes for a fourth volume of Capital.  But Capital v.1 is
probably the best place to start if you want an exposition of the concept.

Matt Davies