Dialectics

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Tue Jul 25 22:28:11 MDT 1995

From: HANS DESPAIN <HANS.DESPAIN at m.cc.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 01:48:41 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Dialectics: a reply to Chris B.

This post is in a reply to Chris B. request for Juan I. to comment on
Marx's dialectic method.  I for one believe that Hegel, and especially his
dialectic method had great influence on Marx.  Moreover, I think to read
Marx as a "systematic" dialectician (as Tony Smith presents) is an
extremely fruitful way to understand Marx and his Critique of Political
Economy.

<<<<<<

Thanks Hans. That is a clear case you make.

I shall certainly give it shelf space.

I like the distinction between the Hegelian system being closed
and the marxist system being open. I would also like it to be *untidy*.
That may be the same thing.

Chris B.