marxism WWW and bibliographies

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Tue Jul 25 21:02:30 MDT 1995

I've been tinkering with the marxism WWW pages
(http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/~spoons/mainmarx.html).  Adding
some links here, a little bit of the other there.  I put my paper from the
archive into more or less html format, and hope to similarly transform
other papers and texts as time permits (ie. slowly).

So check it out from time to time, and send me comments.

Any suggestions or offers of texts, links, documents and so on would be
gratefully received.

Partly in response to Chris' query about recent continental philosophers:
though I don't feel happy putting up my own potted comments on those that
I've read, I would feel OK putting up my idea of a more or less annotated
bibliographic introduction (say, a list of ten or fifteen books, either by
or about Foucault, Deleuze, Lyotard etc.).

Others could then put up counter-bibliographies to this one, or their own
bibliographies on topics about which they consider themselves more or less
well-informed.  Ralph, for example, are you not a master at such
bibliographic endeavors?

Further, when someone makes a request to the list for sources, such as
the recent one on marxism and the state, it would be good if they could
compile the suggestions they receive, put the compilation out to the
list, and we could then establish a series of such lists, which anyone
could consult at any time.

What about it?

Take care

Jon