Ceteris paribus

jones/bhandari djones at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sun Jul 30 18:25:07 MDT 1995

A question about Steve's last helpful posts (partially reproduced below):
how do we determine what is nested within what? how is the outermost level
arrived at or validated as the correct starting point? how do we know that
what is most outward remains so; in other words couldn't credit, once an
inner-level force, evolve into the defining entity of capitalism?  Actually
I am just throwing questions at you, hoping that you will elaborate your
original ideas on levels of analysis.  Thank you.  Rakesh