Mumia Abu-Jamal

glevy at acnet.pratt.edu glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
Sun Jun 4 12:05:43 MDT 1995

Mumia was shot at the same time and place that a cop was killed.
Abu-Jamal was a journalist at the time, and a move supporter, who had
written critical articles about the former Mayor and cops of Philadelphia
-- especially as it related to the City's assault on MOVE.  After the cop
shooting, Mumia was arrested, charged and convicted despite the fact that
many eyewitnesses came forward to testify that Mumia had no role in the
shooting.  But, when a cop is killed the police and the city are quick to
make an arrest and Mumia was someone that they had disliked before the event.

Mumia is clearly a political prisoner, this is what makes his case so
significant.

Ultimately we don't "Know" his innocence, however, the evidence suggests
that he is innocent and the State of Pennsylvania plans to execute him.

Jerry