Language, "niceness" and revolution

lisa rogers lisa.rogers at m.cc.utah.edu
Wed Jun 7 21:28:55 MDT 1995

Speaking for myself, and because you asked, I prefer a non-gender
specific term for complain, such as whine, whimper, snivel or protest,
assert, claim, etc.  These and
other terms carry more precise meanings which often add more expression and
nuance to language.

BTW, we're still not talking about proscription, not in my book.

Cheers,
Lisa