Lenin as "dictator"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jun 11 12:55:37 MDT 1995

At 2:37 AM 6/11/95, TimW333521 at aol.com wrote:

>If we are to understand Stalin institutionally (that is as representing an
>entrenched bureaucracy) we must give Lenin credit for establishing the
>framework of that institution with his one party rule and developing the
>theory to justify it.

Why do these sorts of debates always act as if Russian history began in
1917? Don't the czars and Great Russian imperialism have something to do
with Stalin? Don't the struggles for democracy in Britain have anything to
do with the evolution of American democracy?

Doug

--

Doug Henwood
[dhenwood at panix.com]