Utopianism v. Radical Democracy

LeoCasey at aol.com LeoCasey at aol.com
Sun Jun 11 18:26:37 MDT 1995

>You're confirming my worst fears. This is nonsense, empty of any >meaning.
What is "democracy" in this sense? It seems to be a >synonym for the warm
fuzzies. I think I understand why Jim >O'Connor said that the 4 pages on
historical materialism in L&M's >HSS were the worst 4 pages ever published on
anything.

>I suspect that people who say things like this about "the economy" >have an
excessively narrow conception of what an economy is. I >also suspect that
people who say such things are themselves >rather comfortable, materially.

Wonderful. Meet every intellectual challenge -- especially those with which
you are clearly not in the slightest bit familiar -- with ad hominem
dismissals.