The question of violence

glevy at acnet.pratt.edu glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
Tue Jun 13 20:52:59 MDT 1995

A question occurs to me which would link two topics that we have been
discussing -- violence and fascism.  The question is: when is it
legitimate, morally acceptable, and/or practical for anti-fascists to use
violence against fascists?

This is a question which has been addressed by Marxists before.  There
are those who favor "nipping fascism in the bud" and those who defend
fascists' democratic rights to free speech, assembly. etc. and concentrate
on "educating" the masses about the nature of fascism.

Jerry